How to stop coughing
Coughing is one of the most common problem of health. When your throat is clogged or irritated or upper airway then your mind translates into a foreign element and tells your body to cough to remove this strange element.
Coughing can also be caused by viral infection, colds, flu, smoking or health problems such as asthma, tuberculosis and lung cancer.
Common symptoms of a cough: Itching in the throat, chest pain, and discomfort.
You can try some natural cough remedies by using ingredients available in your kitchen.
how to stop coughing naturally:
Turmeric herb has an excellent therapeutic effect on cough, especially for a dry cough.
- Heat half cup of water in a bowl then add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and black pepper. one teaspoon of honey.
- Now add cinnamon sticks and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drink that mixture daily until the condition improves.
- Another way to use turmeric is to roast turmeric root and grind it into a soft powder and mix it with water and honey and drink it twice a day.
Ginger is one of the most popular natural remedy for a cough.
- Cut the fresh ginger into small slices and place them in a glass of water and leave them to boil.
- Drink this herbal mixture three to four times a day to relieve a sore throat, nonstop coughing, and even phlegm.
- You can also add some lemon juice and honey to that mixture.
- Another option is to chew raw ginger throughout the day to reduce a cough.
Lemon can be used to treat a cough. Lemon has properties that can reduce inflammation as well as the ability to fight infection because of high % of vitamin C.
- You can make a syrup for a simple cough by combining two tablespoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
- Now heat this mixture and drink several times a day.
- Another way to use lemon juice is to mix lemon juice with a honey & chili and then drink.
Garlic is characterized by the presence of antibacterial and anti-microbial components that are helpful in the treatment of a cough.
- Boil 2-3 garlic cloves in a glass of water & add a teaspoon of thyme and leave it to cool in a room temperature.
- Add some honey and drink it. This will help to breathe properly and relieve the symptoms of coughs.
One of the simplest home remedy for coughing is onion cutting. Powerful vapors can be inhaled to stop a cough.
- You can make a drink to relieve a cough by onion juice, tea, and honey.
- Another option is to combine a half teaspoon of onion juice with a tablespoon of pure honey. Swallow this solution at least twice a day to relieve coughing & soothe the throat.
6 Hot milk with honey:
Hot milk with honey can relieve a dry cough and reduce chest pain. For best results, drink it before bedtime.
- Make a healthy cough syrup by mixing a quarter teaspoon of chili and ginger,
- One teaspoon of honey, apple vinegar and two tablespoons of water.
- Drink this mixture twice to three times a day.
8 Carrot juice:
Carrots contain many vitamins and nutrients that can help to relieve various symptoms of coughing.
- Take 4-5 carrots and make fresh juice.
- Add some water & honey for extra benefits.
- Drinking this juice three to four times a day. This will relieve the symptoms of coughing.
Grapes have properties that act as an expectorant (helpful to kill the coughing). You can simply eat grapes or make some fresh grapes juice. The grapes juice with a spoon of honey will be soothing, as well as it has very high efficacy.
Almonds have nutritional properties that play an active role in treating cough symptoms.
- Soak 5-6 beads of almonds in water for 8 to 10 hours.
- Make a soft paste of soaked almonds and add a teaspoon of butter.
- Eat three to four times a day until symptoms of coughing disappear.
- These home remedies can give you to relief from the various symptoms of coughing without any side effects.
How to stop coughing at night:
Frequent coughing at night is very inconvenient and may irritate everyone around him. A cough occurs at night because the nasal passages produce mucus to maintain the moisture of the airways.
How to stop coughing at night:
- Lifting the head at sleep: Take few pillows during sleep to keep the head elevated. This help to relieve a cough.
- Do not sleep under air conditioners, fans or home heaters: Take honey before bedtime.
- Take warm drinks: Warm drinks will help to soften the throat and cough.
- Eat Garlic: Garlic has strong anti-inflammatory properties and has a strong effect to control a cough at night.